Monday, June 27, 2022

MFTstamps Sketch Challenge #599

 Decided to see what Sketch Challenge was on the MFT ( my favorite things ) blog.

Looked like I could make it work for an easy 4th of July card.

Would you like to play along, CLICK HERE.


I started by grabbing my drawer full of MFT stamps card stock that I have been collecting from all the card kits I purchase in the past.

I put my scraps of MFT stamps card stock in top loading file folders and right on top of my pile of card stock in the drawer.

I pulled out the colors I wanted for the project.

I started off by cutting some rectangles with my Waffle Flower A2 layering dies.
I did end up cutting and extra white for the inside of the card.

A hill die from the Stamps of Life.

As you can see I taped the red and blue together.

I ended up getting my first wave part.
And now the top red lines up with blue. 

I repeated this going down my card base.

Two embossing folders from my stash.
A star one for the blue.
A stripe one for the red and white.
Both are from Hobby Lobby - their Paper Studio brand.

U S A die from Taylored Expressions.
Cut two times out of black.
And one time from Tonice Studios mirror card stock in black.
Tombow Mono Liquid glue to adhere the letters together.
I also use Liquid glue to adhere the embossed waves to the extra white panel I cut out.

Finished Card

A little close up of the texture.

Inside
I used the Stamps of Life stars4you stamp set for all my stamping.

Front of envelope.

Back of envelope.
I used Stampin Up Real Red and Blueberry Bushel ink


No comments:

Post a Comment