Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Punch Art for A bugs Land

I wanted to work on our Disney Vacation Album from back in October 2015 and decided to work on a 12X12 page from A Bugs Land, I am doing a combination of 12X12, 8 1/2X11, and Pocket Style scrapbooking.

So I searched on Pinterest for some bug punch art and used what I had in my stash to create a few bugs for my 12X12 layout.

 Here are some circle dies and oval dies from my stash.

The oval dies are from My Favorite Things.

I am not sure what company the circle dies are from but I got them at Micheal's and there are 21 dies in the pack.
 I basicly took the dies and arragended them like the photo from Pinterest.

Here I took Basic Black card stock and cut the circle in half to create the wings.

I am using double sided tape and liquid glue along with some foam dots.

All card stock is Stampin UP.
 I added a Real Red circle on top of the wings and a Baked Brown Sugar oval to the top of that.
 I cut some Whisper White eyes and Real Red nose.

The nose is the only thing that has a foam dot.  The rest are adhered flat on the bug.
 I took a Basic Black circle and cut in half along with some thin strips of Basic Black.
 I added the circle Basic Black to some thin curved Basic Black strips to be the attena.

This is what it looks like from the back.
Here is what it looks like all finished.  I added some white gel pen accents and a smile.

 I cut out some circles with Always Artichoke and Old Olive.

I attached them with a line of sitcky stape.
 After I flipped it over I realized the head looked funny behind so I added it to the top.

I carefully lifted up the flaps and added anouther small piece of tape.
Some small Basic Black strips and circle cut.
 Then I cut everything in half and turned over the caterpillar.

I added the legs with some sticky tape.
 Added a small dot of glue on the first leg.

Then started to add a small dot then realized it would not work so I cut the dot in half and that worked much better.
 Here is what the back looks like, I added two more strips of Basic Black and circles tool.
Finished, I added some white gel pen accents, eye brows, smile, and blush cheecks.
Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale
Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm
Micheal’s brand is called Recollections
their website is http://www.michaels.com/
Target Store site http://www.target.com/

Find me on Face Book, click here https://www.facebook.com/Craftyjennifer
Find me on Pinterest, click here http://www.pinterest.com/craftyjeffiners/
I am on Instagram too, craftjeffiner

These ARE NOT affliate links, no way involved with these company’s, I just love their products. These are links to their stores.

My Stampin UP demo is Jenny Rast, You can purchase from her and support her by searching for her under the demonstrator section here http://www.stampinup.com/home/en-US/
- I used these current colors, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Old Olive, and Always Artichoke
- I used retired Baked Brown Sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment