Saturday, October 1, 2016

Halloween Paper Mug

As soon as I saw Dawn's Stamping Thoughts Video on how to make these I had to recreate and to a picture tutorial as well, I went to her website to see if she had pictures and all she had was the video and some other info.

If you would like to see her Video CLICK HERE, it will take you to her blog post.

 At first you need an 8 1/2 by 11 inch piece of card stock, I am using Stampin UP Basic Black because its has a good weight to it.

Cut it at 7 3/4 by 9 1/2.

Score at 1 1/2, 3, 4 1/2, 6, 7 1/2, and 9.

Flip it over and score 1 1/2 and 5 1/4.

 On the short end where the 1 1/2 inch score line is put it up to your Envelope Punch Board, make sure the end matches with the 1 1/2.

Punch hard because you are going threw tow layers.
 Fold again and punch on each of those score lines.
 It will look like this when you are done.

Take your scissors and trim those line up to the diamonds.
 Then cut like this picture shows.
 Add your favorite double sided tape to the bigger section, right about the score line and right near the top edge.

Also on both sides of the flaps, just the inside it does not need to go form edge to edge.

Leave a little section without score tape on the left because it will be a pocket to make the right sided hinge slip in.
 You will cut 6 pieces of pattern paper, 1 1/4 inches by 3 inches.

Flip over to the side that does not have double sided tape and adhere five of the six, I used tape runner for this just put near the edges to get a good seal.

Leave the sixth one off, like the picture shows.
 Flip over and remove the score tape and fold over.
 Remover the backing from the edge score tape and slip into your pocket, I found I had to undo a little from the side slip in and then firmly press down.
 Dawns video used score tape for this part but I wanted to make sure it held very well.

Fold those edges out a bit then take opposite edges and put glue on one side then fold the other on top to make sure the edges line up.

Hold for about a minute.
 Holding, see how the edges match right before the curved part.
 Repeat for the remaing flaps, I also added a dab of glue on the top before I folded over.
All done, I have also used a 2 inch circle punch and cut our two from Basic Black card stock scraps,

I will glue one to the bottom and one to the inside with more Tombow Mono Liquid Glue.
 Inside with the circle.
 Bottom with the circle.

I set something inside the mug to help hold down and let the glue finally set and dry, it does not take very long to dry.

Now to work on the handle.
I took one of the scraps from cutting out the mug and cut one to 1 inche by 6 1/2 inches and scored one end just 1/2 inch.

Add more liquid glue and place that 1/2 scored and glued section behind to the back of the pattern paper, keep the pattern faced up.
 Curl with a bone folder and add some glue to the back and attach to the back of the pattern paper.
 This is how the back of the handle should look, now add more glue and attach to the empty spot on your mug.
 I just took my four finger threw and held it down for about a minute to get a firm hold.
 I used Stamps of Life pumpkins2cut on a 1 inch white scrap with Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink.

Used a Stampin UP Hexagon punch for banner ends.

Used a Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Parade stamp and die set #3.

Placed foam on the back of them all.
Finished Mugs.

Its a pretty good depth, will hold candy or Apple Cider.

Close UP.
Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale
Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm
Micheal’s brand is called Recollections
their website is http://www.michaels.com/
Target Store site http://www.target.com/

Find me on Face Book, click here https://www.facebook.com/Craftyjennifer
Find me on Pinterest, click here http://www.pinterest.com/craftyjeffiners/
I am on Instagram too, craftjeffiner

These ARE NOT affliate links, no way involved with these company’s, I just love their products. These are links to their stores.

My big shot, paper trimmer, bone folder, and other adhesives can be purchased at your local or online craft supply places.

I used their pumpkins2cut stamp set

My Stampin UP demo is Jenny Rast, You can purchase from her and support her by searching for her under the demonstrator section here http://www.stampinup.com/home/en-US/
- I used Basic Black card stock
- I used their foam dimensionals

To purchase Papertrey Ink products click here https://www.papertreyink.com/
- I used Polka Dot Parade stamp and die set #3

No comments:

Post a Comment