Saturday, February 18, 2017

Studio Calico: Crop Challenge: Multi Ink Spritz with Carson

Over at the Studio Calico blog they are having a Crop Challenge that has 14 different options for you to join in and a change to win $10 credit with a grand prize of a three month subscription to a kit of your choice.

I am going to join the Multi Ink Spritz with Carson Challenge first which is to create a one layer card using inked solid stamps spritzed with water.

I did cut my 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 stamped piece down to 4 by 5 1/4 and used some fun foam on the back to flatten and lift it off a 110 Pound Black card stock base.  But it is one layer there are no extra embellishments on this card.

 I am using my Hampton Art Stamp Perfect tool along with Versa Fine Black Onyx ink and some Clear Embossing powder.

The Thank You stamp is also from Hampton Art.
 I then used a Stamps of Life stamp set that had an outline and solid images.

I stamped again in Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink and Clear Embossed the images.
 Here I am showing that the center and petals fit nicely, this stamp set also has some patterns stamps if you want to change it up.
I have some wash cloths that I bought cheap from Walmart.  I have a hamper I just throw dirty ones in and wash all together.

I am testing out different Tim Holtz Distress inks.
 Mustard Seed went first and then I dabbed on Spiced Marmalade around the edges.
One light spritz from a cheap Walmart water bottle from the travel section.
 The circle on the right is one light spritz and the circle on the left is a more heavy spritz.

Just plain water, I am using some Strathmore Watercolor paper.
 I am testing out some different pink/red/purple combo's for the petals.

I end up using Worn Lipstick and dabbing around the edges with Seedless Preserves.
 When its all done.

I used my larger ink pads for the Mustard seed and Worn Lipstick and the Mini ink pads to dab with the Spiced Marmalade and Seedless Preserves.
 Some fun foam to put behind the main panel.

Adhered with strong double sided tape.
I broke my back up lamp so I have to emprovise, not the best but it works. Finished card.

Side View.

Side View, I sprayed some clear shimmer onto the card as well.



Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale
Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm
Micheal’s brand is called Recollections
their website is http://www.michaels.com/
- 110 pound Black card stock
- Strathmore Watercolor Paper old Press
- Black fun foam in a multi pack
Target Store site http://www.target.com/

Find me on Face Book, click here https://www.facebook.com/Craftyjennifer
Find me on Pinterest, click here http://www.pinterest.com/craftyjeffiners/
I am on Instagram too, craftjeffiner

These ARE NOT affliate links, no way involved with these company’s, I just love their products. These are links to their stores.

My big shot, paper trimmer, bone folder, and other adhesives can be purchased at your local or online craft supply places.


- flowerpower2fill stamp set - got in my die hard club monthly shipment, comes with stamps and dies for $25

I have purchased my Tim Holtz Distress inks from Local and Online craft stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment