Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Lattice Card Idea #1

 The Lattice card has been floating on YouTube lately and Social Media as well and I wanted to give it a shot.


I am making two cards for this design.
I am making a top fold design because I have seen this work best for the design.
I cut at 4 1/4.

I scored the cards at 5 1/2.
I then took 1/2 inch strips off the bottom - Six to be exact.

I am putting them threw a wood embossing folder.
This step is optional.
I will next time stamp my sentiment first if I use the design again with the embossing folder.

It looks like this.
I put the Embossing folder to the fold line.
It is from Stampin Up.

All other supplies are from the Stamps of Life.
I am using matching ink to bring out the wood lines.
I did use Taylored Expressions blending brushes for this - the mini ones.

I am using the lines on my glass mat to help space out my wood panels.
I did have to trim a sliver off when I was done because it was a little short on the front.

Make sure you place your washi or low tack tape on and off your cloths a few times to get rid of some of the tack - Tombow Mono Liquid glue to hold the back planks down.

Gently and Slowly remove the washi tape.

This is the tiny sliver I had to cut off.
You can put the two planks on the front if you want - I have see this both ways all over the internet.

I am using the Flowers w/Sign Background Dies.
I love these dies because they have little tick marks that make paper piecing very easy.

A little double sided tape and Tombow Glue.

These flower worked out perfectly because the center lined up with the vertical planks of the card.

Love the Stamps of Life Ribbon.
These tweezers hold the know so I can double it.

Finished two cards.

I decided to add a side cut with the ribbon ends.

Look how neat it is when it opens.
My ribbon is also from the Stamps of Life - a card kit most likely or a Ribbon Pack that they sometimes sell on their website.

Back and inside of the cards.
You can write your message on the inside near the top or even on the back.
One the back of the card I used a stamp set from a card kit called Sweet Moments also from the Stamps of Life.

the Stamps of Life - Flowers w/Sign Background Dies

the Stamps of Life - flowers2layer stamp set

the Stamps of Life card stock and ink
Twig
Gingersnap
Pansy
Peacock
Green Apple


Stampin Up - 3D wood embossing folder
Not the exact one I used but it would work







No comments:

Post a Comment