Thursday, January 31, 2013

Love You A Lattee Vday Card

Mary at CARDZ TV is having another challenge #124 Be My Valentine. Make a card using the card feature of any Cricut Cartridge, round or square.

Finished Card

Here is what I chose from my scrap bin. I used all scraps except for the card base. Trying to use up stuff.  The brown to the left is the left overs of my card base, the only full 8 1/2 X11 inch piece of paper.

Using my gypsy, below is after I cut out my pieces.
Below I ended up cutting off the top of the cream layer it didn't cut very good the sprinkle part so I cut it off and then when I began to piece together you could see some of the green so after I glued the first 3 layers I took a brown maker and colored the inside so all the sprinkles would look the same. Then glued the white part on top.
The coffee was cut from the Love You A Lattee Cricut Cartridge its called Frpacho2, I cut it at 2.75 inches.

Card base came from Stretch Your Imagination Page 81 cut at 4 inches. The hot pink paper I cut at 3.75 inches and just moved the card over and had it cut out just half the card base. Make Sense?
All paper is from Recollections.

Inside I stamped with Staz on Jet Black ink.

Also added another pink square matt, about 1/8 inch border all around.
I put the coffee on foam and added some American crafts ribbon/bakers twine in brown, threaded and brown button and secured with a glue dot.

The sentiment is from a Cardz TV stamp set I purchased a while ago.

It says You MOCHA me happy!

From Brew HaHa
This stamp I bought at hobby lobby on clearance, I have some interchangeable stamps that go with it that were also clearanced. J for Jennifer.
OH my, I'm showing you my scrap bin.
Its pretty big and deep.



So go join the challenge, Mary's blog really does challenge me and takes me out of my comfort zone and even better makes me want to scrapbook and card make more and just get into my craft room.


















No comments:

Post a Comment