Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Thankful

I recently saw Jennifer McGuire do a video on how to glue die cut sentiments together like 9 times to create your own type of chip board and fell in love with her video and wanted to recreate something myself as well.

Over at Word Art Wednesday there having another Anything goes challenge #104.

I used my FAVORITE inks by Stampin up for the fall season and a die from either Papertrey ink or MFT, sorry I don't have my packaging and cant remember where I purchased it, but any word die will work just change your stamp set.  I did use for sure an Oval die from MFT.

The stamp set I used I got along time ago from Oriental Trading and I dont rember the name of that one either.

I'm also loving the Heavy Weight Card Stock form Hobby Lobby, there Paper Studio Brand, it comes in Cream, Black, and White.  You will also need some scrap paper in the matching card base/mat color that you choose and a glue stick.

Standard size card mat 4 by 5 1/4.

I am tracing the die lightly with pencil so I know where to concentrate my stamping.
A little removable adhesive on my mat to help hold the paper down while I stamp.
Started with Baked Brown Sugar.
Then More Mustard.
Then Always Artichoke.
And finally Cajun Craze
Ahh beautiful ink pads.

Filled in the gaps, mainly concentrating in the center of the mat.

Using a white eraser I erased the lines after the ink was dry.
Replaced the die using some washy tape and ran it threw my Cuttle Bug.
I was priming my stamps by stamping off on scrap paper a few times before using them on my project, Just a little tip for clear stamps and firm foam ink pads.
Don't lose the innerds, I mean inside pieces because they will go back on the card at the end
Glue 2 sheets of scrap together, I used a glue stick because it covers nicely and cheaper.
I glued 2 sheets together and rant threw my matching getting a total of 4 die cuts plus the original.

If your worried about your matching breaking you can die cut 8 pieces separately but mine did fine.
Glue them all together, I used my Tombo Mono Multi glue.  See the cool dimension.
 I used ATG gun because its a strong glue and ran it across the inside areas making sure to get enough in the middle of the card for the die cut.
I also put ATG around the edges of the die cut panel.

Center the mat on the card base.
Place die cut piece in just like a puzzle and use a pokey tool to place the innerds back in.

SIDE VIEW.

TADA Finished card.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, Jennifer! It's always a blessing to have you play along with us. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    I have BLOG CANDY!
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete