Saturday, March 15, 2014

Two Step Stamping "Thank You" Card

I recently purchased a few new stamp sets from my Stampin Up Demonstrator and was glad that I finally got to play with them. I have seen allot of two step stamping going on and have always wanted a set to try out the technique.

And of course one of my favorite anything goes challenge blogs is at it again with Challenge #123, Word Art Wednesday.

So lets get started

The polka dot patterned paper is from Micheal's, its from their Simply Pastel 6X6 paper pack, the whole line was Clarence out so I wanted to pick up the paper pack. Kinda weird because the Simply Pastel collection has only been out under three months and they are already Clarence it out.
 I also used my ink swatches to figure out what inks worked with the paper, I chose from Stampin Up Marina Mist and Baha Breeze (sadly retired).
Another new product I purchased was the Stamp a magi from Stampin Up.... LOVE IT.

Perfect Placement EVERY TIME.
                       The stamp sets are form Stampin Up, Too Kind and Happy Water Color.
I have been using the tool like crazy, my stem color is in Baked Brown Sugar ink from Stampin Up.
 The lighter color for the bolder image and the darker for the thinner image.
OOPS, while closing my ink pad I accidentally dropped it on my paper, I just trimmed my paper and its all good, my card was a hair shorter then an A2 size.

I'm trying to use up these tiny foam squares, they are definitely not my favorite and a pain to use, if I still had the packaging I would tell you what brand they were.

And of course I was looking at it thinking it needed something else and I chose some sequins.
               The Quick stick is AWESOME, I used Glossy Accents to adhere the sequins, they match the                                                                    ink almost perfectly
Close up and added some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen just on the darker blue.  Also some Lawn Fawn lawn trimmings, which I added a small glue dot to insure it would stay put.

Love the back of the card stamp form Technique Tuesday, called Made With Love and its a reasonable price $2.99!!!!!

Supply links

Stampin Up
Micheal's
Hobby Lobby
Lawn Fawn
Simon Says Stamp
Technique Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment