Saturday, March 8, 2014

Journal Cards FPL Week #5

I just wanted to share my process of making my journal cards for my FPL (Family Project Life) album.  I am still getting into PL (Project Life) and working on embellishing more and not rushing myself. I am taking my time and working at my own pace, as long as I make sure to Print my pictures weekly and journal in my calender every day its OK if I work on different weeks. Its all about how this system works for you and not to feel rushed and getting it done every week.

This is Week #5

I will list the products as best as I can, I don't save much packaging because it saves more space to just get rid of it and not fight to put it back in the baggies.

I started with this journal card and didn't like what was on it so I found a different one and started over, the beauty of the Project Life Core Kits is they have tons of cards so if you mess up you don't get upset having to throw away the card.
 This Snap stamp set I just used the MONDAY speech bubble, I stamped it on scratch paper first to prime the stamp since this is the first time I have used this set. I prime most of my stamps this way but just using some copy paper and stamping a few times before stamping on my project. This is how I have started storing my stamps and dies, these are the Avery Elle stamp storage pockets that I purchase at Simon Says Stamp.
I purchase this set form Simion Says Stamp and the stamp and die were separate. I only used the stamp set on my journal card.
           I used the heart die in the Papertrey Ink stamp set and die combo called Polkad Dot Parade #, Its easy to break the dies apart just bend gently on the tabs and they come off easy, on the back of this stamp pocket sheet I glued some magnet sheet and that's where the dies are stored.
 These are a bunch of random Studio G stamp sets that I store in an extra Stampin Up case. I stamp of the paper and insert into the sleeve, I used one of the arrows.  I used black Versafine Black onyx ink, its a nice solid black ink and gives you a crisp image.  I cut out the heart from a DCWV cork paper pad that Micheal's recently had in there store and I adhered it with some Tombow Multi liquid glue.
 This set I believe came from Hobby Lobby and is there Paper Studio brand, I used the January in Versafine Black onyx ink.
 I used my favorite stamping markers from Stampin Up in Basic Black.
 I have really been enjoying this stamp set from Technique Tuesday called Days of the Week.
 I used the I and the outlined heart, I also used my Basic Black and Real Red maker. After I colored the heart in I used my clear Wink of Stella and let that dry and then put a layer of glossy accents on top.  Make sure to let this dry before you put back into your page protectors.
 I used Real Red, Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Pumpkin Pie, and Melon Mambo to journal on this card, the right now was already on this card.
 Here I am using my homemade Stampin Up color swatches to find the right color that matches my Pivias shirt.
 This set also from Papertrey Ink called Wonderfull words which has a coordinating die, I used my Stampin Up Baja Breeze ink, which is sadly retired.
 I stamped and die cut the snow and adhered it with Tombow Mono liquid glue. I used some snowflake's from Micheal's, they were sold at Christmas time and were from Recollections.
I pressed them on my ink pad and used a pencil eraser to hold them down, I used my tweezers to pull them up, after the ink dried I used my clear Wink of Stella glitter pen and adhered them on the bottom right corner of the journal card with my Tombow Mono glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment