Sunday, March 22, 2015

Online Card Class Day 2 Video 1

This was a unique video and I made it a little simpler to achive by tweaking the process a little, if you want to see the original video you need to take the class.

Over at Online Card Classes there is a class going on right now called Stretch Your Dies.

If you would like to check it out or sign up click here.

 I am using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Snowflakes and Leaves dies along with some Water color paper.
I am using this water color palate and the USPS did a real beating to it but it still works OK after I took out all the broken pieces.
 I recently purchased some cheap wash cloths from Wal Mart to help not use so many baby wipes in my crafting room.
 First I water down my piece, I have it taped to an old baking sheet.
 Then I just drop in color and let the water do most of the work.
 After I add all the color I use my mister to spray more water on and tilt the pan a bit to help the color blend and move more.
 I let this dry naturally about an hour while I worked on more class projects and then cut out a bunch of leaves and snowflakes.
 Got more then enough for my two cards.

I ran them threw my machine twice to ensure good cuts and it worked for me.
 I temporarily adhered them to some copy paper then ran threw my machine again with a circle die.
Here I lightly traced the circle on my panel and then transfer to the circle, when the panel is dry and gently erase the lines.
Added some coordinating sentiments and some embroidery thread, rounded the corners and added some foam on the back.

Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale
Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm
Micheal’s brand is called Recollections
their website is http://www.michaels.com/
Target Store siet http://www.target.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment