Saturday, May 28, 2016

Beach Vacation Ocober 2015 (pocket Style)

Here is the final part of our Beach Day during out California Vacation in October of 2015.

I decided to take the final photos I took during that day and scrapbook them pocket style or as many people call it Project Life.

I did make two traditional 12X12 Layouts of each of my girls as well as an 8 1/2 by 11 inch insert of some Beach printable's to begin the start of the Beach section of our California Vacation Album.

I will put links those at the end of this post.

I used a Becky Higgins Design D page protector for this Pocket Style Layout.

I purchased so beach related 12X12 pattern paper from Hobby Lobby and used my 3X4 Project Life die and also my corner rounder for when I cut out 4X6 pieces.
 I love taking 4X6 cards and making them into 3X4 cards just by using the die.

I used some Clearance from Hobby Lobby Echo Park Journal cards.
 Again this is a 4X6 card and I love the sentiment because the beach was an unkown to use and we did explore it all day long.
 I used the extra of that card to add some extra touch to these two cards that I cut in half and made a 4X6 card, it also hit the seam in the middle.

The picture is of a Naval boat, we were on the Naval Beach in San Diego, California.
 When I complete a layout that is front to back I like to glue the two pictures together so they wont move around in the pockets.

The 4X6 with the washi tape in the middle is two 3X4 attached together to make a 4X6
 I am using some Simple Stories alpha stickers to dress up some of the photos.
 I think Simple Stories is one of my favorite brand of alpha stickers for Pocket Style layouts.
 The Simple Stories alpha stickers come in a variety of colors and sizes and they are flat so they do not add alot of bulk to your pages.
For my journaling I like to write it out on some scrap paper to see if it will fit on my card.
Top Half of the Pocket Style layout

Bottom Half

Next page, top

Next page, bottom

CLICK HERE to see this layout

CLICK HERE to see this layout

CLICK HERE to see the insert page

CLICK HERE to see the insert page
Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale
Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm
Micheal’s brand is called Recollections
their website is http://www.michaels.com/
Target Store site http://www.target.com/


Find me on Face Book, click here https://www.facebook.com/Craftyjennifer
Find me on Pinterest, click here http://www.pinterest.com/craftyjeffiners/
I am on Instagram too, craftjeffiner

These ARE NOT affliate links, no way involved with these company’s, I just love their products. These are links to their stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment