Friday, December 18, 2020

Santa Card Die

 I am really loving these Santa card inspirations and I busted out my not yet used Santa Card Dies from Paper Smooches.  Well I used them and found inspiration from a set of photos on Pinterest. Click here to see them.  I combined two of the images into one design.


I am using Bazzill Basics Paper in the color Peppermint, Black Liquorice, and Marshmallow.

I also used a white glitter paper from my stash.

I am lining this on my mat so the top of his hat will be at the 5 1/2 mark.
I scored my card stock at 4 3/4.
I folded it in half and cut off the excess.
I goofed and made the pink to big, which is from Stampin Up Blush Blossom.

So I re aligned my card on my mat and cut off 3/4 of an inch from the bottom.
Added the rim to make sure I would have enough room at the fold to cover it with the rim of the hat.
I used a small amount of liquid glue at the bottom of the hat and again measured it so the top is just below 5 1/2.
Tombow Mono Liquid glue is my go to wet glue.

I added some thin foam adhesive to the top to add the rim and give some dimension to the card.
I folded the beard just above the red so I could add glue to the bottom.
I slid the black under the part of the beard.
I just eye balled the size of the beard and trimmed it.

I used liquid glue to adhere the nose, mouth, and mustache.
I added more foam and aligned it along the top of the beard.

A small amount of foam right above the mustache to attach the nose.
The finished card.

I added the eyes flat and the eye brows up with foam as well.

Here is what the Santa Card Dies look like.

You can find Bazzill Basics card stock at most local craft store and online stores, I purchase mine at Joann's using their sales.

Wendy Cranford is my lady I purchase Stampin Up card stock from - I am not sure Blush Bloosom is still available 

Paper Trimmer, Foam Adhesive, and Tombow Mono Liquid glue can also be purchased loacaly or online.

Paper Smooches has recently stopped making their products but you may be able to find a re seller

No comments:

Post a Comment