Sunday, December 6, 2020

Water Color Santa

 Hello, and Welcome....


Long time no craft.  I recently saw a video by a fellow crafter I watch on You Tube make a water color Santa and I really wanted to try it out.  Not only because its completely out of my comfort zone but also because she made it look easy.  It was pretty easy and at first I did not like my results but now that its the next day I really love it.

Here is the link to her video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezTKslZMAGk&t=507s

I started out with some Strathmore Water Color paper that I cut to 4 1/2 by 5 3/4 since I added tape around the edges and was going to use an A2 layer die from Waffle Flower to cut it down after it dried.
I basic pencil to draw the beard, took two tries.
I lightly drew it.
I used some not so fancy brushes and water colors from my stash.

Daler Rowney Simpy Acrylic I believe from Micheal's in the color Brilliant Red and Black.
I started by wetting his suit area and adding color from the bottom up.
Very rough looking in the begining because I am just laying down a base color.
The blob on the left is one I thought I would use but did not.

Messy mixing pallet.
I dried it and added anouther layer of color.
I think I added roughly three layers of color.

The belt area was the hardest for me to get a nice blend and transition.
I really was not digging the beard but I pressed on using the techniques in the video.

Toning it down with water and using a smaller brush.

I know what to do and not to do next time.
All dry and I am using the A2 layer dies from Waffle Flower.
I used some gold paper from Micheal's and some double sided adhesive to cut out a "believe" die from Simon Says Stamp.

After I found the perfect pace I pressed it down and turned over the card stock and rubbed the back with my bone folder to create a nice seal and the adhesive to really stick.
Using fun foam in white I cut some down just smaller then my panel and used double sided tape to adhere to my panel and card base.

This helps with the little bit of warping I had from the layers of water, which actually was not as bad as I thought it would warp.
Finished Card.

I really love it.

I added the card to a top folding card base using Bazzil Basics paper in the color Marshmallow Cream.

I also used a Stamps of Life stamp set for the inside and back of the card called santa2stamp.


No comments:

Post a Comment