Wednesday, March 29, 2023

5X7 Sympathy Card for a Dog Dad

 I wanted to make out PML - Project Manager Leader a card because he recently lost his dog of 17 years (I believe thats what he said) I wanted to make a Larger Card with more Signage Room so I could bring to our store and have people sign it.  So I decided to go with a 5X7 Tri Fold Card.

This design is a CASE card, where I basicly found this design and used what I had in my stash to change things.


I am making a frame with some Sea Glass cards stock from the Stamps of Life.
The size is 5X7 but I am cutting out the inside with my paper trimmer.

Using my Sizzix Side Kick and some Lawn Fawn alpha dies - Coles ABC's.
Some Silver Holographic 12X12 paper from Hero Arts.

I also cut two more letters from Sea Glass card stock.

Glue together with some Art Glitter Glue and put a block on top for a few until it dies.

I used some Licorice card stock to create a double grass border.
These are both the Stamps of Life products.
I did cut a Sea Glass circle but ended up not using it.

I cut 4 dogs - three of the same and one different for the inside of the card.
Glue the three together.
The dog dies came from a Sneak Peak Kit Club #2 from Waffle Flower - called best friend die.

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Dies to blend a background.
Tumbled Glass
Salty Ocean
Chipped Sapphire
Black Soot

I used a Bristol Smooth card stock.
I began blending in the top corner with the lighter ink first.

Just blended until I liked the look.
Lighter to darker.

Some Titanium White paint and a little water.
Made some splatters in my splat box.
Acrylic Block and an old paint brush.

Glued the Miss You down at the top corner.

Added two different Star sequins in silver.
Came from Micheal's at Christmas time.
Art Glitter Glue and a Pick Up stick help.

Finished card.

Finished Card, Side View.
I also Inked the dog lightly to create a shadow effect.

Back of card.

First flap when you open the Tri Fold.
My sentiments also came from Waffle Flower - this set is called Pawfect Sentiments.

Lots of room to write our thoughts.
My 5X7 Tri Fold card base is made from Powder Sugar card stock from the Stamps of Life

Waffle Flower - Best Friend Die

Waffle Flower - Pawfect Sentiments


No comments:

Post a Comment