Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Flamingo Easter Egg Car

 I am Back and Made a Flamingo Easter Card for Alivia's 5th Grade Teacher.

This card is a Fold-it or Shaped Card that is also an Interactive card because the Egg opens up to show the Flamingo inside.


I used this Limited Edition Easter Egg Fold-it die from the Stamps of Life.
I also used their Powder Sugar Card stock.
I cut one regular Egg out and one with the flower design.

I am inking with the Stamps of Life inks and the Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes.

It does not need to be pretty because the flower cut out egg will cover most of it.

From Taylored Expressions I pulled out my Trusty Flamingo dies, stamp, and stencil called tickled pink.

I used Marigold card stock with matching ink plus Banana ink to give some contrast.
I finished it off using the Stamps of Life markers to color the legs and beak.

Some fine tip glue from Art Glitter glue.

Using a Zig Zag die from the Stamps of life.
Position it where most of the head and top of Flamingo will show.

I am using some brads - maybe from Micheal's or Hobby Lobby.
A pokey tool to make a hole.

Now the egg opens and closes.
I adhered the flamingo to a piece of Ocean card stock.
I cut it with the same egg die.
I trimmed it to fit the main flower die after glueing just the bottom of the egg down.
You want your egg to open freely.

I cut a card base from Powder Sugar as well as the main layer from Sunshine card stock.

Here is my Finished Card.
The card stand came from a the Stamps of Life card kit, I cut that out from Green Apple card stock.

Here is the back of my card.
All my sentiments cam from a stamp set from Simon Says Stamp called Some Bunny.

How the card opens up.

Back of the card.

I purchased this Simon Says Stamp set from a face book group.
I checked to see if for sale and it looks like it came from an older card kit of theirs.
This set is called SSS101706 Some Bunny.

The Inks and Matching Card stock I used - All form the Stamp of Life.
Not pictured is Powder Sugar.
Colors Are -
Green Apple
Sunshine
Marigold
Ocean
Banana
Guava

This is the Taylored Expressions Tickled Pink Stamp and Stencil Combow, the die can be purchased seperatly.

Pictured here is the Stamps of Life Limited Edition Easter Egg Fold-it - on the left.
On the right is the Stamps of Life HSN Easter Egg Shaped Card Fold-it Die Set - Still available.


No comments:

Post a Comment