Monday, April 19, 2021

Summer Door Hangers

 I decided to stop by Micheal's Sunday and found these two items for our Summer Door display.

The pineapple was 7$ and the row of ice cream was 10$.  I choose these because they were basicly single layer and no intricate designs which sometimes intimidate me when it comes to DIY wooden signs.


first up - a layer of white gesso.

7$ for the pineapple from Micheal's

before of the ice cream cone row

10$ at Micheal's

wax paper torn to size and place on my craft room floor to dry

I am using some Craft Smart paint brand that I picked up at Micheal's

nice bright happy rainbow

this mat is from Tim Holtz and it wipes clean with a wet towel or baby wipe

after the first coat was dry I added a second coat that was a little thicker

then a glob of a darker color on my mad and thinner brush

the bottom layer still wet makes it blend a bit

same with the body, after the first layer was dry i added a slightly thicker layer

as well with the cones

it was about 2 coats for each color

letting it dry

I used Vinyl that I purchased threw amazon

Dies from Stamps of Life and my Gemini Die cutting maching, its electric
and cuts intracite dies like butter - I order some replacement cutting plates just for vinyl use

some inexpensive tools in my craft room to help me take the backer off and smooth the vinyl on my project

its 60 degrees today in Alaska
outside I went to Modge Podge spray my project to seal and protect it

I love it
this goes above our door bell/below our porch light outside our front door

I think with dedicated plates I may reduce the frayed edge look
not really noticeable from afar but up close you can see a little

pineapple

he will go on the door between the screen door/main door


I can not wait until June to put these out for summer - I do not have summer time door decor and I am happy with how these turned out and I completed this project in less then one day for 17$ and I used hardly any of my already stashed supplies - paint and vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment