Friday, January 3, 2014

Valentine card #1

I cased this card from Kristina she also has a video of it.

I just used what I had on hand and made it work with a few changes, what I mainly took away from that card was the stitching and all the different hearts.

This stamp and die set combo is from Sizzix but designed by Doodlebug Designs. I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby late last year with a coupon.  I am only using the heart framelit from this set.
I am also using only the heart framelit from this stamp and die set combo by Stampin Up called Hearts of Flutter.
I got this j stamp from the Michael's $1.50 bin in late November or early December and I love it to put on the back of my cards, I don't even bother cleaning it because I only use black StazOn ink with this stamp. I believe they are Clarence them out right now with all the holiday stuff.
Paper is from the Martha Stewart mat pad called enchanted woodland.
My mat is 3 3/4 by 5 and I have just arranged the hearts on the paper and used my Tombo glue to adhere them down, I turned the paper over and cut the hanging hearts off.
Black StazOn ink again and some Vellium card stock from Simon Says Stamp. The stamp is from Stampabilities, called be my valentine.

The inside sentiment is from a Stampin Up retired stamp set called Wacky Wishes. I used the Happy Valentines Day in Versa Fine Black Onyx ink.
Just a picture of how I sometimes store my Stampin Up Stamps, there is three sets in this case and I just saved the side strip and they all fit and I can use the other two cases for other stamps.
Close up time!!!

Finished card and custom envelopes.

I used my Envelope Punch board and some paper that I purchased last year from Target, there dollar section and followed the instructions on the board.

I used a Stampin write marker in Basic Black to add some fuax stitching.

I also used Vellum adhesive to attach my sentiment.

Basic glue, adhesives, and ink can be found at your local craft stores such as Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

I am going to enter this card into the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #113, they always have anything goes challenges and they are a great group of gals.

Follow me on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, and thanks for your kinds word about our challenge blog. I love your cards, and thanks for sharing with us. We always enjoy having you play along with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. You darling paper crafters make Word Art Wednesday a d great place. Vellum adhesive? I had a little fiasco today . Your card is just plain well cute and then some. Thank you for sharing this beautiful creation with us at Word Art Wednesday. I want to pray for ‘Multiplied Blessings’ including, but not limited to Peace, Prosperity and Health to you and your whole household during the 12 months in 2014.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete