Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tree Sympathy Card

I have been getting allot of request for Sympathy cards, I have never made one before. Here lately the girls at work have been really challenging me with different requests.

I started off with one of my new stamp sets called Trees 2 Build from the Stamps of Life. I stamped the tree in Stampin Up Early Espresso ink and the leaves in Stampin up Gumball Green ink.

I used a Stampin up punch from the Ity Bity Punch Pack to punch out the flowers, I believe the paper is Pretty in Pink or Pink Piroquette. I added a Recollection pink gem to the center of each one. To give them some dimension I used my mouse bad and a Stylus to crease the inside. I attached them to the tree with Glossy Accents.

The With Sympathy came from the Simon Says Stamp Card Kit March 2013 set designed by Kristina Werner. I used Stampin Up Early Espresso ink and clear embossed (recollections brand) the sentiment. The new Stampin Up ink pads are very juicy and give you time to emboss with them.

The card stock is also from Stampin Up, Early Espresso and Naturals Ivory (I love this paper).
A tip for the Naturals card stock is that the ink takes a little longer to dry, I accidentally smudged my tree but I think I will be the only one that notices of course.

The inside stamp is stamped in Stampin Up Early Espresso ink from a new stamp set from Hero Arts, it has allot of Sympathy sentiments for inside of cards.

Front of card

Inside Sentiment

Side view/Close up

Close up

No comments:

Post a Comment