Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Heart Dotted Pink Baby Card

Hello everyone, again just browsing Pinterest and I had found a Baby card that had a Boyish theme going on, the card designer's name is Joy.

Here is my take so lets get started:

I used Stamps of Life stamp set thanks4oneyear, I used the two smallest solid dots from this set.
I also used from Stamps of Life a stamp set called bubblegum4me, I used again the two smallest solid dots.
Ink from Stampin Up:
Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Primrose Petals, Blushing Bride, Strawberry Slush, Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose.
I cut a heart from my Cricut Machine using the George and Basic Shapes cartridge at 2 3/4 inches. I traced it lightly with pencil in the center of the card matt.
Randomly stamping all over using the 4 dot stamps, I also flipped the dots over and used the reverse of the stamp to get a bigger dot so it was like 8 stamps in just 4.
All filled in, I used a white eraser to gently erase the pencil lines.

I used some Sizzix adhesive sheets that come in a pack of 10 and are 6x6 in size and applied it to two pieces of scrap black card stock just big enough for my baby die.
I cut two out one I ran threw with the tape facing up and one with the tape facing down, I also ran it threw once then back again to ensure a clean cut.
they came off so easy for being such a delicate die.

I also cut out a speech bubble (I cut of the little part that hangs of the bottom to get a plain rectangle) from Stampin Up's Vellium Card Stock using their Word Bubble Framelits dies.
I applied one baby die cut to the front and applied the other one behind and since I had used the adhesive sheets there was already glue on both sides.
The baby die came from this die and stamp set combo from Simon Says Stamp called baby.
I used my fiskares word press and lined up words from the same stamp set as best I could to stamp on the inside of the card, I used Versa Fine Black Onyx ink and also Primrose Petals ink for the baby stamp. The card base is also on Stampin Up's Primrose Petals card stock and the mat on the inside is some scrap white card stock.
Inside the card.

I used some small circle foam to give the baby some dimension and covered the top with flat sequins from Pretty Pink Posh in the color Pink Peonies.  I also used some small pink gems from Micheal's their Recollection brand.
Close Up Time.

Close up again.
Supplies from

Simon Says Stamp
Stampin Up
Pretty Pink Posh
The Stamps of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment