Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 1 Projects for Water Colour Card Class

There were three awesome videos up on the card class blog this am when I woke up and not at almost 10pm I am hard at work. I wont be going into too much detail with these posts as there is like 2 weeks of class that's allot of cards too make and plus I work full time and have 2 lil monsters (I mean angels) but I really do want to participate each day and get these cards made.

                                                                    Card #1

Set up for Card #1
I used the Yasutomo 21 count Pearl water colors for the wash, in blues, and a black.  I used painters tape to hold it down while the stencil dried on top. The stencil is from the May 2014 SSS card kit and its called dots and stars.

I did a diagonal cut and adhered the white pieces with Stampin Up dimensonals. Using Versa Fine ink and stamps sets from Kelly Purkey, Dude and the SSS May 2014 card kit stamp set called All Boy.  

I used some read sticky back tape to adhere the star and dot stencil piece.

Card #3
For card #2 I used Stampin Up Wood Grain background stamp and some Zing embossing powder in the color Brown Sugar and heated it to set it and then adhered it to my pan with painters tape.

I used the Koi Water Colors to color wash the background in browns, yellows and a hint of red.

I let it air dry for the most part and then used my heat tool to set it on low heat. For the owl colors my Stampin Up inks in Baked Brown Sugar, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, and Pumpkin Pie cordinated perfectly with the water colors. 
Finished card, I used a stamp set from Papertrey ink for the Owl and a stamp set from My Favorite things for the sentiment. I used a scallop edge punch from fiskars and some thin white twine for the bow.

Inside I stamped the same wood grain stamp in Stampin Ups Baked Brown Sugar ink, I stamped off once then onto the cardstock
                                                                     Card #2 

Here is the block I used and a store bought spray bottle with water.
I used Tim Holtz distress ink in worn lipstick, victorian velvet, iced spruce, and evergreen bough.
Moving the ink around and then when its almost dry I zap it with the heat tool on low to speed it up.

I die cut from scrap card stock the Birthday three times and glued them together and then on top of the card, the die is from Papertrey Ink. I also used the 1/2 inch corner rounder on the card and the same red sticky tape to adhere the watercolor panel down.

I used Versa Fine ink to stamp the outside and inside using the stamp set from Simon Says Stamp called Happy.

For all three cards I used the Artist's Loft Watercolor Pad its 140 pound cold press 24 sheets sized 9X12.


  1. The technique on your second card turned out so good! Great job.

  2. I love the color choices that you made for both cards. It inspired me to try both techniques. Hope they turn out as lovely as both of yours did.