Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 11 Card #1

I totally jumped to day 11 but I couldn't resist when Tim Holtz was one of the teachers for day 11. He did a fun techniques by putting the ink on the stencils and then spritzing with water and using that as your stamp.  I knew exactly which stencil I wanted to use, you should have a stencil with more blank space so that you will get that defined image. I choose a Heidi Swapp Dot stencil.


For the pink card I used a variety of ink from Tim Holtz, festive berries, spun sugar, fired brick, victorian velvet, and worn lipstick. You want to start with your lightest ink first so you don't muddy up your ink pads.

For the blue card I used a variety of ink from Tim Holtz, faded jeans, peacock feathers, evergreen bough, and broken china. Again make sure you start with your lightest color so you don't muddy up your inks.


The top photo is after I inked up the stencil and spray generously with water and pressed it down, I used a paper towel to help press it down to pick up the ink to leave the circles white, it really does work. This photo is after is after they were dry, isnt that just so cool.

I used a birthday die from Papertrey Ink and some scrap black paper and cut it our six times, three each for each card and glued them together. The happy came from Simon Says Stamp set call Happy, there is a coordinating die that you can purchase as well.

I used my clear wink of stella glitter pend on the birthday die cut after I adhered it to the card. Again using scraps of black from my scrap stash to add a little border to the edge of the main image.
 I definitely wanted to keep the card clean and simple and not add too many extra embellishments, I was totally thinkg wood veneer arrows but said no. I added the extra piece of the image that I cut off on the inside of the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment