Wednesday, May 7, 2014

More Day 2 Projects

I didn't know if I would be able to make the other two cards from day two but as I thought about the cards and began to look threw my supplies I did find a back ground stamp that I could use for one of the cards.

I used a background stamp by Stampabilities called chevron.
I made three of these backgrounds with distress inks by Tim Holtz. The colors are Spiced Marmalade, Victorian Velvet, and Warn Lipstick.  I sprayed it after I inked it tell the water/ink pooled up and then layed my card stock down on top and pressed down with my hands having one hand hold the paper down and the other move around the paper.
 Smooshing it down.
 I trimmed it down to 3X4 after it was completely dry, The black mat is 3 1/2 X 4 1/2. They dried pretty flat so I didn't need much sticky tape.
 I used some celebrate it gold ribbon and used the sticky tape to ensure it stayed down, I cut the baby out of scrap black 5 times. The die came from Papertrey Ink.
 I added some flat sequins from Pretty Pink Posh in Marigold, Lemon Drop, and Pumpkin.
 I inked the chevron stamp and stamped off once then onto the center of my card, using Versa Fine ink I stamped the inside using SSS baby stamp set.
Here are the other two cards with the pink distress inks. I used some Stampin Up vellum and stamped the Happy Mothers Day from the SSS Best Mom Ever stamp set, I embossed that with some black Recollections embossing powder. I used a Stampin Up sizzlit called Little Leaves in some scrap green card stock. I used some old Recollections flowers and some gems also from Recollections.

No comments:

Post a Comment