Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 3 Card #3

Ok im so late, I did so good the first three days, then busy came and kiddo sick and then me sick, but I am hopeing to get on track and catch up.

The third video by Jennifer McGuire in Day #3 Creative Watercolor she used a stamping block to create a mat I would say for your image. She then stamped and faux watercolored the image inside the mat.

I used my Koi Water Colors on an acrylic block, but first just like Jennifer I used versa mark and it does work, I must say you need to clean your block good because there is a slight film on it afterwords.

I also used some stamps from a variety of companys, Simon Says Stamp, Technique Tuesday, and Pebbles.

Holding down my water color paper with painters tape.
Using the Versa Mark first along the edges of the block.
My Koi Water Color palate, I am using the blue, its on the second line last one.
I applied a thin layer of color then spritzed with about 4 sprays of water.
Holding down my block for a few minutes.
Heat dry on low.
Technique Tuesday stamp set called, Poppy Sentiments.
Used my markers to color on a clear block then my aqua painter to add color. I used fired brick, spiced marmalade, black soot, and walnut stain.
I stamped and cut out on a scrap peice of white card stock, then adhered with some Tombow Multi glue.
Using spiced marmalade I colored just the outside on the card front to match the inside of the flowers and to bring out a little more of the orange color in the center of the flower.
Used extreme tape to hold my water color peice to my card base.
Finished card.
Close up, the bow is tied with four sting of thin twine.
I used some doodlebug sprinkles in the color blue jean on the top left and couldnt help but not to used my clear wink of stella glitter pen on the orange parts of the card and brought it out the the red on the flower just a little bit. I hope the camera caught the sparkle, its so much better in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment