Friday, July 25, 2014

PTI MIM Challenge #173

I loved the recent Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge #173, no line water coloring and wanted to try it out. I don't have any flower stamps from PTI but I did recently purchase the Wet Paint stamp set.

 Here I used a die from the Monthly moments kits from PTI, sorry I don't remember which one as to how I store my dies I just stick them in a heavy duty zipper pouch with PTI Dies wrote on it.
 It is hard to see but I added some water to the front.
 This is the KOI water colour set that I used for my card.
 Very light color wash. I am using some water color paper from Hobby Lobby called Master's Touch, also my main mat on my card is also the watercolor paper.
 All the sentiments for this card came from this PTI stamp set called Wet Paint.
 Testing generation stamping with Stampin UP Sahara Sand ink on a scrap piece of card stock.
 I ended up stamping off one time on the scratch paper and then on top my DRIED piece. I zapped it before stamping with my heat tool on the low setting.
 Using an orange color and a very thin brush.
 Finished project.

I used sequins from Pretty Pink Posh in four colors: Marshmallow, Marigold, Lemon Drop, and Lemon Meringue.

Attached with my Pokey Tool and Tombow Mono multi glue.
Inside and envelope, I added more splatters to match the card. My card base is So Saffron from Stampin UP.

Finished card, the scalloped orange was also cut form a PTI monthly moments die and cut out from Pumpkin Pie card stock by Stampin UP.

Close up.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks lovely! I like how you finished the inside of the card too :) I did a very similar thing with Wet Paint for my entry into the challenge too! Great minds!

    ReplyDelete