Monday, July 7, 2014

Top fold 'HI" card

I must be on a kick with this "HI" sentiment for the front of my cards. I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge start from scratch. This card literally took me about half an hour too make and I really like it.  I wanted to keep it monochromatic with lots of different textures, kinda a mix media card I think.

I knew I wanted to use something with a tag and cork so I used some DCWV Cork Stack and the nice thing about this Stampin Up punch is you can adjust your size.
As you can see the one on the right is the original size and the ones on the left are the cork ones, I just cut the cork smaller in width so it would slide into the punch easier, see the above picture.
And of course I love this glitter paper by DCWV, it has just the right amount of sparkle without all the glitter coming off everywhere. Also a butterfly punch by Stampin Up.
 And part of the challenge is make from scratch so why not use my never opened that I have had for a month Lawn Fawn die. I used chip board to die cut these.

I used Stampin Up dimensional cut in half on the back of the butterfly's. The above picture is me seeing how the layout is turing out. The scallop die is from The Stamps of LIfe.
Finished card. I also used some sequins from Studio Calico and enamel dots from MME.

Another close up. The card is of course a top fold card and I used Stampin Up Naturals Ivory card stock, love it.

One last close up.  I used some twine from the Paper Studio by Hobby Lobby.

I hope you enjoyed this card it was definitely a challenge for me.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card! The cork looks wonderful here and I love the sequins. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete