Thursday, January 1, 2015

Tips and Tricks #1

I am hoping I will have a long series of Tips and Tricks for all of you, as I craft and notice things I do to make things easier I will take extra pictures and put them into an extra post called tips and tricks.

This trick #1 is something I have been noticing that I am doing more often, I score my paper first, a full 8 1/2 by 11 sheet then cut it so I get two cut/scored card bases at ounce because I am finding out that I am making two cards at ounce.

I have two paper trimmers that I use and they are both by Fiskars, I purchased from Micheal's and used a 40% coupon, I also buy my blades from Micheal's when they have a sale of either 40% or 50% off. I try to have at least two sets of replacement blades at all times.

 So here I am putting my 8 1/2X11 inch card stock in my trimmer and placing it at the 4 1/4 inch marl, I am using the score tool that comes with the Martha Stewert Score Board. This trimmed has the wire and the grove makes it easy for he tool to score into.
 Now after I scored my paper I flipped it around and put the paper at the 5 1/2 inch mark and cut my paper.
So now I have my two traditional card bases, the can oped right to left or bottom to top.
 Now I am placing my second 8 1/2X11 inch sheet of card stock in and putting it at the 5 1/2 inch mark and going to score using the wire as my guide.
 I flipped my paper and now I am going to cut it at the 4 1/4 inch mark.
Now I have created a top fold card but I have also seen card makers turn this so it opens left to right or even right to left. I don't make many top folding cards because there just not my thing but I do think a card opening right to left would be cool.






If you would like to purchase a Fiskars board online go ahead and click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment