Monday, September 8, 2014

Tis The Season 24 TTS24

I am entering this card in the Tis The Season #24 color challenge to used turquoise, black, and silver. I really wanted to try the technique Jennifer McGuire did in a recent video where she used two ink colors to get an ombre effect.


I stamped two of the ornaments from the Stamps of Life set called Ornaments4Christmas in Stampin UP Tempting Turquoise ink full strength on a 3 3/4 by 5 inch piece of Neenah white card stock.
 I inked the stamp again and used a paper towel to dab of some ink from the top half so that when I re stamped over the original it would be darker on the bottom.
 Next I am taking a white Color Box ink pad and more heavily inking on top and dabbing some off the bottom.
 With clear stamps it makes it easier to stamp right over the original stamp.

 I heat set my images on low heat to dry the white ink then tested my paper to see if it was dry.
 I stamped in Versa Mark ink the coordinating sets and added some Recollections Silver embossing powder and heat set.
 Ta Da nice and silvery.
 I added some Versa Mark ink to the edges of a white 4 inch by 5 1/4 inch piece of card stock and added more Silver embossing powder then heat set.
 I added some holes with my pokey tool and added some Stampin UP silver 1/8 inch ribbon, using washi tape behind to hold in place then some strong tape to adhere my panel to the silver one.
 Here is the stamp set ornaments4christmas by Stamps of Life.
Finished card.

Close up.

Its not a perfect ombre but for my first time I think I did pretty good.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love the embossed silver and your ornaments came out wonderfully, great job!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 'Tis The Season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, Jennifer. Love the pretty blue ornaments and all the silver embossing. :) Thanks for playing with us at 'Tis the Season.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, I love this! Your ornenta are gorgeous, and I totally appreciate the fact that you give the details about how you created your beautiful card! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete