Friday, July 9, 2021

Halloween Wood Ornaments/Tags with Vinyl/Paint #1 and #2

 I decided to get a little crafty with Paint, Vinyl, and Wood Slices.

Because dry time is a factor I decided to do Christmas and Halloween so that when I am ready the Christmas one will be dry and ready to decorate and the Halloween ones I have completed.  A win win I see.


I started off with some basic black paint from my stash.
This is a craft smart acrylic pain in black.

Some metal dies from my stash.
These are mainly for paper crafts but the possibilities are endless now.

Because I am just getting into Vinyl I order some inexpensive sheets from Amazon.
They are working just fine for right now but I know sometimes that is not the case with all Vinyl.

I punched out the negative areas with my poker tool.
Pealed off the backer and lightly placed on my wood slice.
I used my scissors to snip off the excess right where the paint ended on the wood slice.

I used a tool to help smooth and press everything down.
Going slow and light presser then once adhered down at a good point I then applied more pressure to ensure the bond and get rid of air bubbles.

up close

Out side to use a clear acrylic sealer from Modge Podge in a matte finish.

front and back and sides

Finished 

side view

side view


No comments:

Post a Comment