Monday, July 19, 2021

Scrubby Yarn Witch Gnome

 Its was very HOT this weekend in Alaska and I began watching You Tube down stairs because its way cooler and got hooked on Gnome Yarn videos.

I went to Micheal's after work today and got home and started to try things out.

I am not sure if the Hot Glue will work with this scrubby yarn, it seemed it did not want to adhere and not dry.  I currently have the gnome in the photo box and not touching it for a bit.



I started off with a piece from my craft room that was 5 inches long and wrapped it around a bunch of times.
I started and ended at the same end.

I used 3/4 inch part of the toilet paper.
Tip one - I would use smaller band - 1/2 inch next time.

This is the brand of this yarn.

Already realize its a little too short.
Tip 2 - go longer then you think - you can take away at the end but you cant add more length.

Fold in half.

Go in your tube.

And pull the strands threw the hoop.

Tighten and go around until completely full.

Half way done.

Nice and full.

Shove that yarn inside the tube and pull out the other end.

Give it a hair cut to your liking.

TaDa.

This time I went wider almost 7 inches.
Still I believe I would go wider again.
Tie string around the center.

I got a big tube of wood beads from Micheal's as well.
Paint it black.

Pom Pom on the inside Hot Glued down.

Fold in half at the center.

Add hot glue and shove and hold.

Need a hair cut.

Finished.

Close up.
Add hot glue to your nose and stick on, holes on the ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment