Monday, August 26, 2013

Snowman Button Christmas tag.

Yikes, time to start thinking about Christmas stuff.

I created these quick Christmas tags using some buttons from my stash and some clearance ribbon from Hobby Lobby that I got last Christmas. I also used my trusty Stampin Up ink and writer marker in Chocolate Chip.  The stamp set how ever I don't remember where I purchased or from what company. I cut the tags from a Cricut Cartridge Winter Woodland.

I started by creating fau stitching along the outside of the tag, I did both sides.
Close up of stitching.

I used about 4 inches of the polka dot satin ribbon.  I put sticky strip on the left side, 2 pieces, about 1 inch long.
Fold over your buttons which I bought from Walmart I believe in a big bag of just white buttons. Then add about another 1 inch strip of sticky strip slightly diagonal.  Using your pokey tool to help remove the red backing is an awesome tip.  Fold that strip down to make his scarf, cut at a diagonal to make pretty.
Flip over snowman.

Using 4 glue dots, place one on top of head one on scarf, and two on the bottom, on each side of the button holes.
One more glue dot right under the scarf to hold it down.
Optional glue dot to secure the top ribbon.
CLOSE UP.

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow me on Face Book.

See my You tube Tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment