Saturday, August 9, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 Day 3 Video 3

So for these cards we were challenged to look at our word stamps and see if we can make new words from the stamps and to actually feel OK to cut your stamps to make the new words. I decided to use a Christmas set, since its getting close to the holidays I have been making thank you, sympathy, and holiday cards form this Stretch You Stamps 2 class.


 Here I am trying to decide what I want to rewrite with these sentiment stamps from Hero Arts called Get Merry.
 So I am going to cut "Wish" from "Wishes" and the "for a" also from that first sentiment.

I cut also the "Very Merry Christmas" off the bottom of that sentiment.

and from the second to last sentiment I cut that in half as well to get the "OK...let's"
 Here I am arranging the sentiments on my Stampin UP Real Red card stock.
 I am also going to stamp on Stampin UP Gumball Green card stock. I embossed with Hero Arts White Embossing powder but for my ink I used Color Box Frost White ink. I used my Fiskars Stamp Press to pick up my sentiments onto one block.
 Using glitter paper from these two stacks from DCWV, called Jewels and Neutrals.

 I used a Martha Stewart punch to punch out five of each color.

I used two EK success punches to cut between six and eight of each color.

I am lining up my snowflakes, the biggest have Stampin UP dimensionals on the back.
Finished card, I adhered the rest of the snowflakes with Tombow Mono Multi Glue.

Side view, I used my 1/2 inch corner chomper to round all four corners.

Inside stamped with another Hero Arts set called CL629, I added more snowflakes to the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment