Saturday, August 9, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 Day 3 Video #4

So far with this card class in the six days its been running with having 3 to 4 videos each day I have made 22 cards. WOW in less then one week. I have made thank you cards, sympathy cards, Christmas Cards, and now I have made four Birthday Cards.

 I started off by cutting out four balloons from scratch paper from the Simon Says Stamp Birthday Messages coordinating dies.
 I choose four inks from Stampin UP in Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Pear Pizzaz, and Marina Mist. I choose those colors so that these cards could be for either guys or gals.
 This is the Simon Says Stamp Birthday Messages stamp set, I used the "Happy Birthday" that's at the top and the "Birthday Wishes" that's in the middle and the 'This calls for cake and ice cream"
 I used temporary adhesive on the back of the balloon and adhered it close to the top and then stamped the "Happy Birthday all over the back ground.
 Then using the Tim Holtz mini ink distress tools I inked them in the coordinating colors.
 I used my paper piercer to add holes to each side of the balloon and added black twine from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby brand).
 How to make mass producing easy, I cut all the black strips at one time then added the Silver Glitter Paper from DCWV (Die Cuts With a View) it came from the Glitzy Glitter stack 6X6 stack.
 Lining it up to make this even with the first one, added a small amount of Tombow Glue down the middle.
Finished Card, I did put foam squares on the back of the panel and mounted it on some Heavy Weight White Card Stock (Hobby Lobby brand called The Paper Studio)

Close up, I did add some white gel pen stitching around the outside of the balloon's, its hard to see on camera but it real life it does show up.

Inside of the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment