Friday, August 8, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 Day 5 Video 1

Day 5 Video 1 by Jennifer McGuire was a super easy and quick video with an awsome technique that not only stretches your stamps but also uses allot of supplies but easily.

Again to fair warn you there are allot of pictures, but I made two cards.

 Here I am making sure my stamps fit and my placement is good.

I used two Stampin UP stamp sets called Too Kind and Happy Water Color.
 Here I am just making sure my sentiment still fits before I stamp my flower. I am using my Stampin UP Stamp-a-ma-jig so that I can also stamp in Versa Mark ink.
 Very light because I stamped off 1x on scratch paper then stamped. I used Stampin UP Sahara Sand ink first.
 I store my Embossing Powders in this 12X12 Scrapbook case that I purchased from Micheal's.
 I used Zing Embossing Powder in Chestnut for the stem, I added that last because its a darker color. I used the Micheal's brand called Recollections for the flowers in the colors Sapphire, Raspberry, and Violet. I did the red first, then purple, then the blue to help if the colors transferred to the other flowers.
 Here's what the flower looks like after I added the embossing powder. While the powder was still on the paper I tapped it with my finger to help shake it around, by tapping while the paper is still on the table it doesn't move the powder as much as if I picked it up to shake it.
 I lifted the paper up and dumped straight into the trash can kinda fast as too not let the colors mix.

This is what it looks like after the powder is off.
 Again I used Zing Embossing powder in Chestnut for the stem and then used Zing in Brown Sugar and Mustard and the Recollections brand in Camelian.
  Here's what the flower looks like after I added the embossing powder. While the powder was still on the paper I tapped it with my finger to help shake it around, by tapping while the paper is still on the table it doesn't move the powder as much as if I picked it up to shake it.
 I lifted the paper up and dumped straight into the trash can kinda fast as too not let the colors mix.

This is what it looks like after the powder is off.
 I added some Tombow Xtreme adhesive to the bottom.
 I used Stampin UP Seam Binding in Very Vanilla and made a ruffle like line with the ribbon.
 Allot of Stampin UP dimensionals on the back and added washi tape to hold the ribbon down.
The two finished cards.

Close up, I used Stampin UP Very Vanilla for my mat and Crumb Cake for my base.

Close up, I also embossed my sentiment in Chestnut embossing powder by Zing.

Close up of my crinkle ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment