Saturday, July 2, 2022

Glitter, Sequins, galore Christmas Card.

This could be a winter or Christmas card.

I found this photo on face book and instantly went to You Tube to see how it was created. 

I had the sequins and snowflakes in my stash but not the glitters so I got some things from Amazon, Walmart, and some from Micheal's craft store.

I am using Bazzill Basics card stock in Marshmallow Cream and Fig Swirl.
I also used my Waffle Flower A2 layering dies.
I did use the Marshmallow Cream but ended up not liking how they turned out.

A scrap paper on the bottom because we are dealing with Glitter.

Good Ol Mod Podge and a foam brush.

Start with a line down the middle.

Then dip more in glue and go back and forth.
kinda like trees or EKG heart monitor lines.

Choose your glitters.

Add little bits of each.

The main color you want all over.

Finished First One.

Second Panel.

Side by Side.
It gets easier as you go.


Let dry a while.
I am using this time some Barely Art Glitter glue but you could use Mod Podge again.

Hardest part is choosing what you want to add to the center.

Here are some Pretty Pink Posh Sequins.

These are some glass ish pieces that are colored, pretty nifty -  from Amazon.

Taylored Expression snowflakes.

Some tiny snowflake sequings - Amazon.

Tiny Foil Confetti - Walmart.
I used these at the end to fill in glue holes - sliver and green.

I used a sheet of fun foam to help panel lay flat.
Now just using glue bottles until dry - help hold the panel down.
Fig Swirl card base.

Finished Card

Close up - Side view.
Marshmallow sequins - small snow flakes - green/blue tiny snowflakes - teal glass shard things - green foil.

Second Card

Side View - Close up.
Larger snow flakes - sparkle sequins- clear snowflakes - green snowflakes - clear glass shards - clear foil.

back of card

inside of card
Emerald Envy ink from Stampin Up
Taylored Expressions Merry & Bright stamp set


No comments:

Post a Comment