Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Stitched Christmas Tree #1

Decided for some reason I wanted to do some stitching on a card and dug out my Simon Says Stamp tree die that has stitch holes one it.

I found inspiration on Pinterest, CLICK HERE to see.

Trying to decide what size to cut my panel.
The outer permenant marker markings are sized for an A2 card.
I design in this square.

I used some older Shimmer White card stock from Stampin UP.

I believe this is called Crochet Thread.
I at first went simple back and forth.

This is how the back ended up looking when I was done.
I used washi tape to hold the ends of the thread.

I then went up the side of the tree.

I purchased these gems from my last August trip to South Dakota from Hobby Lobby.
Sigh no Hobby Lobby in Alaska.
Barely Art Glitter Glue and this gem picker thing.

I adhere all my layers with some sticky strip tape.
Except the stitched panel.
This way it would have raised even dimension.
The stitching did not make the panel hardly bulky at all

I am using Riding Hood Red card stock from Stampin Up.
I found a few sheets when I was looking for a different color.
I am also using a 6X6 pattern paper from Stampin Up as well called Classic Christmas.

These are some sentiment die's from Simon Says Stamp.
I matched with my sentiment and also went up one layer to make it have a border.
Stamp set is called Abstract Holiday also from Simon Says Stamp.
I used Licorice Ink from the Stamps of Life.

Side View

Finished Card

Inside of the card.
Left blank for now.
I added some pattern paper to the inside since I had some left.


No comments:

Post a Comment