Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Stitched Snowflake Ornament - Tag in brown and red

 I have been in a try new techniques mood lately and stitching has been one.  I have some dies and remember one was a snowflake from Paper Trey ink. went on Pinterest and found THIS inspiration.


I used some felt and card stock from Stampin Up.
The felt came from the Clearance Section - A holiday catalougue from the past.

Lawn Fawn scallop circle dies.

The felt was Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler.
So for stability I cut the same colors from card stock and glued them together with tacky glue.
I used my pokey tool thing to add small amounts on the edge of the snowflake.

Trying to find whit seed beads and thread.

I used tiny washi tap to hold my thread on the back.

I did two strands for strength.
I went up a hold - grabbed a bead - then down a hole.
Basic for me.

This is how the back looks after I was done.
When I needed to change thread I went under previous stitches and tied some knots,

The center is not done because I will add a gem or button.

I added some hot glue down at the top.
Folded style.

Then added glue to the center and a small dab and the tops of the snowflakes.

All Done

Side view.
I could not find a gold button in my stash so I went with a gem.

The back.
Cherry Cobble ink with a stamp set from the Stamps of Life Santa2stamp
I left the ribbon open on the ends so you can tie on a package then re use as an ornament or tag again.


No comments:

Post a Comment