Tuesday, May 31, 2022

ABC Christmas Card Challenge J & K

 I found anouther new to me challenge blog.  This one is a Christmas Card Challenge with a Twist, they use letters of the alphabet for their challenge.

This one was J & K - Joke and Kraft - well I still cant figure out a J Joke for a Christmas card but man there were so many amazing Kraft cards I went with it.

Would you like to join CLICK HERE.

I thought this "MERRY CHRISTMAS" die cut was going to work but ended up changing my mind later on in my card making process.

I store my word dies - shadow in binders using base ball card sleeves.
I like to have a put together one because it makes it easy to see what it would look like on a project.
I use cheap vellum and black card stock.
The finished word die going in front and the die goes behind.
If I have not die cut the die yet it goes in the front of the pocket.

I store my stencils the same way.
Except in a smaller binder and page protectors,
These are from Hobby Lobby.

I am using some paint from my stash.
Some Wendy Vechi embossing paste as well.

My Wendy Vechi Make Art Mat.
I tape down the stencil and card stock.

I mixed up the paint and embossing paste.
It was a little darker then what I wanted but it works.

I made the layer decently thick.
It gives nice dimension to the card since this is the main focal point.

Decided to stencil the inside of the card.
 Stamps of Life Powder Sugar for the card base.
Gingersnap ink and card stock for the rest of the card.


I cut the Joy out three times and glued them together to give some dimension. 

Since the panel is a little warped I used liquid glue and sticky tape to adhere to my card base.

Simon Says Stamp sentiments are from Abstract Holiday and Clean Line Christmas.

Finished card.

Side View - added some gems from my stash.

Inside 

Back


1 comment:

  1. A great blog post - I am happy you found us and shared your project. Love the storage system you have for your dies and stencils too. I also like that you coloured the paste to achieve the colour you wanted - and the snowflake on the inside straddling the fold - great idea. Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge and I hope we see you again xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete