Tuesday, September 24, 2013

File Folder Thanksgiving card

Challenge #98 at Word Art Wednesday as always anything goes.

I just received the Stampin Up Envelope Punch Board and wanted to try out the file folder card that everyone has been talking about.

I also used a technique where you make your own stamp pad using re inkers and a couple of baby wipes.

Standard 8 1/2 X 11 paper, this is the Heavy Weight paper by The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) I believe is 85 lb. I cut in Half and then took off 3/4 inch off one side. I still scored at 4 1/4.
I cut a 1 1/2 inch piece of patterned paper and put on the longer edge.
Cut a piece of patterned paper at 3 3/14 X 4 1/4 and adhered to the front.
Using your punch board align as shown in the picture to the right.
After you have punched move it over to the 3 inch mark and punch again.
Turn paper like shown on right and repeat the two steps listed above.

In paper trimmer align notch with cutting blade and cut away from the file folder tab.
There are tons of videos on You Tube, just search Envelope Punch Board or File Folder Cards.
If not sure which one to cut for the inside tab just close card and cut the one about the outside tab off.
Round the 2 corners with the opposite punch on the board.
Here I am using my Stampin Up Writer Markers and just seeing which colors match my pattern paper.

I used from Stampin Up re inkers Basic Grey, Cajun Craze, So Saffron, and two that are retired but I still love More Mustard and Bravo Burgundy.

When you stamps with this you don't need to clean your stamp each time and you can move it around in the ink, just don't rock the stamp in the ink and go up and down.
Testing circles to see which one will look good on the card.  I stamped a bunch of the Maple leaf on cream card stock.
Finished card.

Inside of card.

Stamp sets I used, the one on the left is from Karen Foster Designs called Thanksgiving.
Visit me on Face Book

No comments:

Post a Comment