Tuesday, January 19, 2021

January Home Decor Calendar Spread

 Here is my Finished January Home Decor Calendar spread.

I purchased the White calendar and the Exclusive January Pack from The Stamps of Life.


I started off with a simple coat of white gesso - from Micheal's - their brand.

I am using my Tim Hiltz mat - easy to clean and a slick surface.

You get all these pieces in the January Exclusive Pack from the Stamps of Life + magnets for the back of the square/rectangles.
Craft Smart Paint - purchased from Micheal's as well.

Most only took two coats after the gesso had dried.
A close up - I used Aleene's tacky glue to adhere my pieces.

I used a stencil and some Wendy Vechi embossing paste to add texture and interest.
I covered in white flocking - Micheal's brand as well.

This did not take long to dry.
Again a stencil and the same paste, this time I added some silver glitter embossing powder on top - I did not heat set this, just let air dry.

No need to worry about the excess, the snow globe will cover most of the boo boo and once dried I was able to brush most off with a thin paint brush.

I wanted to do something with the inside of the snow globe but just did not know what.

I searched around my Craft Room and found some Stickles in the silver/gray color theme that I am going with and painted them on.

The pieces for the eye and mouth were so super tiny that I trashed them right away.

Enamel dots from my stash for the win - Stampin Up and Dollar tree.
I found the wood is easily cut using the same tool that I use to snip the wires apart for my card dies.
Finished Snowman - I love him

Close up side view of the dimension and texture.
Finished Snow globe - not my favorite but I still love it

Side view of the texture and dimension.
Very simple for the January title

Side view
I was trying to figure out what to do with this third square - you get a second snowman but I felt it was too much.
I used a stencil from Taylored Expressions and some versa mark along with a light blue embossing powder that matched my color theme.

This is my first heat up to melt the powder.
When it cooled I added the stencil right over like a puzzle piece and applied more Versa Mark and embossing powder and reheated.
I believe I did this 3 or 4 times until I like it.
Side View

All together - Yep I realized later the numbers were not correct and fixed it when I added a square piece with snowflake on it.

The three tiles next to each other on the bottom




No comments:

Post a Comment