Friday, January 15, 2021

Rainbow Ink Blend Hearts (2 cards)

 I recently saw a CZ designs you tube video where she used a heart stencil and ink blending to create three cards, well I did not have the stencil but knew and thought hey I think I can make one and I did.

I am using the Dura-Lar Acetate for creating my stencil.

I cut a piece to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2.
I used an old Stampin Up Heart die set to find the right stencil.

I ran this threw my Big Shot two times using some Washi Tape to secure the die.
To get a nice smooth blend I am using Bristol Smooth paper.

I also love that it is bright white too.
Some scratch paper that is well loved.

Taped down my panel then the stencil on top.

Washi Tape is inexpensive and a good option, I will rub it on my clothes a few time to remove some extra stick.
I used regular Distress Ink from Tim Holt and my Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes.


Going in at an angle.

Color used ; 
Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn,
Fossilized Amber, Carved Pumpkin,
and Candied Apple
Finished blending.

I went over it a few times to get the color intensity that I wanted.
Second panel I used the inside of the stencil heart and added some removable adhesive to it and then centered it on my panel.
This time I started my blend from the inside of the heart to the out side.
I blended some ink in the inside to match the outside of the card.

I used a Stampin UP stamp set called ''water color words'' and some Versa Fine Black Onyx ink.
I embosed the sentiment on the front with Rose Gold embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp.

I got a little on the ink blended part and tapped off most of it but left it and heated tell it was set.
My Hampton Art Stamping tool for the win.
I ink blended the back of the envelope to match and tie the whole card together.

Anouther sentiment as well.
Finished First card

Finished Second Card

I used my A2 layer dies from Waffle Flower to cut out both panels.

I used a Bazzill Basics paper in the color Licorice for my card base.









No comments:

Post a Comment