Thursday, January 14, 2021

String Art Heart Fold it

I recently saw a fellow crafter use acetate and alcohol inks to make a vase and fish tank and new I wanted to try it out when my recent Stamps of Life order came in.


I am using some Dura-lar acetate that I believe I got from Micheal's.
This is the String Art Heart Fold It from The Stamps of Life.


It comes with two dies.

I am using Alcohol Ink from Tim Holtz along with the Blending Solution.


I got my rectangle felt blender tools but ended up not needing/using them.

Scratch paper to protect my work surface.

If you have a glass mat that works as well and easier to clean off with rubbing alcohol.

I added blending solution first then my colors.

I have no idea where my blower tool is so I just blew hard on the acetate to move the alcohol ink around.


Keep adding and blowing until you get what you want.
Some foil/glitter card stock from Micheal's - their brand.
I am using Bazzill Basics in Marshmallow and Licorice for my card stock today.


My grid mat helps keep the fold where I want it. 

After adding small amounts of glue I cut the extra from the edges.
I cut the plain heart die two times, one with acetate and one with Marshmallow or Licorice card stock.

The card base I folded before cutting, see the picture ahead to see how I got the fold in the card.

I am using a Lawn Fawn love die and trying to decide what color.


I ended up using both and off setting to help the word stand out.

Finished Cards.

Close up.

I used Lawn Fawn Licorice ink to stamp out the you and added a pop dot behind it.

Tombow Mono Liquid glue to adhere pretty much all the pieces.
This card uses Alcohol Pear Inks, thats why I chose the black hear for the back ground because in real life you can see the pearly background.
I love the different foil I chose for each card.




 The stamp set on the inside is from Simon Says Stamp called ''only have eyes for you'' and the outside stamp set is also from them called ''on edge''.

No comments:

Post a Comment