Friday, September 16, 2022

Box for Halloween Gifts

 I decided I wanted to make a box for the Cat Gnome or any other Gnome or Small Gift.

I wanted to show some tips on the A1 Card Box die from the Stamps of Life.

This Ideat plus a few tweaks from me started off from a Facebook post on the Stamps of Life Fan Club Group from a lady named Marily Colon Vega. CLICK HERE for her Post

I am choosing to decorate my Box with this 12X12 Pattern Paper from Die Cuts With a View. 
It is called Pets & Pumpkins.
I found these over sized bags on Amazon for my 12X12 paper pads - helps keep scraps and pad together with room to move.

The A1 card die set also has some layering dies for the sides and front.
I choose this fun Holographic black cat for the front and Paw Prints where behind the paper for the sides.

You will cut one box at the correct full size.
The die has the score lines impressed into the card stock when you cut it.
I am using Basic Grey from Stampin UP.

I like to use Tombow Mono Glue for the four tabs.
I also add a strip of Sticky Tape to the outside four tabs.

After adhering the smaller two tabs for a few minutes.
I then remove the release paper and add some Tombow Mono Liquid Glue around the Sticky Tape.

Fold over and I used some Dollar Tree clip to hold down a few minures.
I do the two long sides first.
It does not take long to dry either.

So the box at the top is all dry.
It will be the bottom.
The second piece you will cut your paper at 6 1/2 by 7 3/4 .
Center your die on the paper so that the four taps closest will cut.

Their will be a little extra past each score line.
Trim those off.
Also trim the four smaller tabs off.

You will want to miter some corners to make the box easier to close.

On one of the longer tabs you will not miter the corners.

This is what it will look like after mitering and trimming the extra tabs off.

I will add Sticky Tape and Tombow Mono Liquid Glue to the outside of the long tab that was not mittered.
I will put that side in the box and glue it to the inside of the long tab

I am going to use a small punch to add a little hole.

This is what the box looks like inside.
The long side flap is glued to the top on the inside.

Here is it with the three mittered tabs not tucked in.
The punch I used and the pattern paper on top.

Now the three side are in the box.
Nice and smooth fit.

Side of the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment