Saturday, September 3, 2022

Hugs For You Swap Card

 I have been participating in a online card swap for a few years and have found many crafty friends that are just starting or I feel sometimes more talented then me.

This swap is for Thoughtful Cards - I am making one for my stash and one for my swap partner - changing the color of each.

I started off Clear Embossing with Stampin Up Soft Suede Ink onto the Stamps of Life Powder Sugar card stock.

I am using Stampin up Almost Amethyst ink over this bottom part of the stencil.

I am using Sweet Sugar Plum ink for this panel on the bottom.

For both panels I am using Perfect Plum ink.

The panels are complete.
I used Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes.
Along with their Butterflies Stamp and Stencil Combo.
Hampton Art Stamp Perfect fool for my stamping.

Waffle Flower A2 Layering dies to create the main panel and inside panel.
Matching card stock for the top folding A2 card bases.

This new card easel die came in my recent the Stamps of Life card kit and I LOVE it.

Lawn Fawn hugs die.
Sizzix Side Kick.

Dies from Taylored Expression to cut out some butterflies.

I glued two Perfect Plum hugs down the the main color of each card.
Almost Amethyst and Sweet Sugarplum.
These will now have nice even raised dimension.

I cut out my butterflies and kept note to leave one side un cut so I can save some for the inside of the card.

Now the card matches - front and inside.

I used Tombow Mono Liquid Glue and mini foam dimensionals.

I stamped For You from a Stampin Up set called crazy about you.
I used Simon Says Stamp sentiment dies to do it.
I also added two layers of Perfect Plum card stock behind that to give raised dimension.
Tweezers to hold down the butterfly centers for just a bit to dry the glue.

Some clear back gems to finish of the card.
A jewel picker and Barely Art Glitter Glue.

Finished Card for my stash

Back of card and envelope
I used My Favorite Things Lots of Hugs stamp set.

Side View

One the Easel Die

Side View

This is the card I will send to my Swap Partner


No comments:

Post a Comment