Friday, September 9, 2022

Spider Web and Bat Dollar Tree Gnomes

 Today I finished my Spider Web and Bat Dollar Tree Gnomes.

You can purchase the Witch Hat and Ghost wood garland from Dollar Tree or online - online you will have to buy the bulk box that also contains the cat and the pumpkin - they do not ship to Alaska or Hawaii

Link to bulk box


I used White Gesso for the Ghost - You just need to paint the nose and below.
You can spray paint if you want or use white acrylic paint also.
I used two coats of the Gesso because it give coverage quicker and evener.

I did about 10 Ghosts in one sitting -
Paint the backs if you are going to add anything to them or want them to look more finished.
If you are going to glue these Gnomes to a project you do not need to paint the back.
I decided to paint a variety of colors in the begining because I did not know what I was going to do.
If you want the Gnome to look finished you will need two hats - one for the front and one for the back.
If you are gluing your Gnome to a project you just need one hat and not worry about painting the back.

I dug threw my card making stencil and found this bat one from Echo Park.
I am also going to use Heidi Swapp Silver Metalic Texture Paste and a pallet knife.

Remember to hold on to the stencil and wood as you smear the paste.
Try not to have the stencil move.
I did a nice thick even layer.

Clean the Pallet Knife and Stencil right away in your sink with warm water and soap.
Let this dry a few hours to over night.

I wanted a spider web look for the second one.

I was not sure if this was going to work -
Well I knew it would not work but still wanted to try any way.

And yep I was right.

I just went with the Texture look that the white paint gave it along with my sponge dauber.

After it was dry I used a Stencil by MFT Stamps.

Wendy Vechi embossing paste in white -
A black re inker.

Miked it together -
Took about 9 drops.

Not completely black but good enough -
Nice even layer.

I glued each hat to a ghost.

Just like my Pumpkin Gnome.


I am using Vinyl from Amazon.
This die came from a Micheal's Stamp and die set - A few years ago.

These two tool I got in a pack of three - came with scissors - from Target $1 Spot.

The front after they are glued.
I used a half wood bead as a nose from Amazon.

I applied the Vinyl while the Gnomes were on a towel because of the Texture of their hats.


Finished Gnomes

Close up
I sealed them with a can of Mod Podge Spray out side in my Garage.

Back of the Gnomes.
I used a Simon Says Stamp bat die.
SPOOKY came from a company called My Creative Time with Emma.
Ribbon came from Card Kits from the Stamps of Life.


Link to how I made the Jack-O-Lantern Gnomes

No comments:

Post a Comment