Wednesday, September 14, 2022

the Stamps of Life October 2022 layout challenge


So on the Stamps of Life facebook page they have a challenge each month the card you make is for the following month, I know I was confused when I first entered a few months ago.

I decided to turn the challenge upside down and turn the banners into cats on a moon.


I was at first going to make a traditional A2 sized card, so this mat was for that.


A sponge dauber and Powder Sugar ink.

This is a sea star stencil from the Stamps of Life - it was the closest thing to stars I had

I used Midnight card stock

Changed my mind and wanted to do a A1 card.
This card base and panel die came from the Stamps of Life as well.
I am using Lemonade for the base and Powder Sugar for the inside.

I used the same panel die to re cut my star background.
I cut a moon shape using a circle die and Lemonade card stock.

Using Tangerine and Marigold card stock.
1 1/4 inch wide - I created a banner shape at the top to make ears.

Some washi tape to hold them all together temporarily.

Stampin Up foam dimensionals on the back.

I made some twine whisker bows.
Glue dots to secure.
Twine came from long long ago card kits.
Gingersnap color.

Sticky Tape and Tombow Mono Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to the front of the card.
Some washi tape to adhere black twine around the moon.

I finally got these embellishments from a face book sale.
Used the bat for the corner.

Finished Card

Side View - added some google eyes and free hand ears with Licorice card stock.

Inside of card.
Extra midnight scraps on the inside to tie the card together.

Back of the card.
Stamp set is also from the Stamps of Life - Pudgies Halloween4HSN



 


No comments:

Post a Comment