Monday, September 19, 2022

Turkey Fold-it into a Stand Up card

 I wanted to make a Thanksgiving card so I brought out my the Stamps of Life Turkey Fold-it (sorry no longer available) and also the Stamps of Life Word Stand-up card die set.


I started off by using the main die to make an impression on a scrap piece of Vanilla card stock from Stampin Up.
Decided to pull out a 12X12 pattern paper pack from Micheal's called Thankful Heart.

I am using just the card die part of the Word Stand-Up card die set.
Crumb Cake card stock from Stampin Up.

I trimmed around the inside lines of vanilla turkey.

I began by using Tombow Mono Liquid glue to adhere my paper pieces. 

I cut out the shadow / card base part of the fold it.
The body is also cut from this color Chocolate Chip from Stampin Up.

More pattern paper.
This card die comes with two layering dies - one with and one without stitching.
I cut a total of 8 layering pieces.

This Happy Thanksgiving die and shadow is from the Stamps of Life.
I will trim the Happy away.

Almost finished turkey - needs eyes and nose.

I like to use a combonitation of Liquid Glue and Sticky Tape.

Only glue half of your turkey because you want him to stand up.

There is a notch in this die that the card front slide on to.

See how I only added glue to the bottom half.

Finished Card

How it will look when the receiver takes it out of the envelope.
I could not help but add google eyes.

This is what it looks like open.
I stamped happy from a Simon Says Stamp set called BE

and what the back looks like



No comments:

Post a Comment