Friday, September 16, 2022

Cat Gnome With Dollar tree Wood Garland Ghost and Hat

 I decided to make a Cat Gnome using the Dollar Tree wood garland Hat (2) and Gnome (1).

I am using some Card Dies from Paper Smooches.
Bunny Card Die and Cat/Dog Card Die.
I am also using my Sizzix Side Kick to cut them out at my desk.
Vinyl is from Amazon and Cricut brand.

These are the Dollar Tree wood garland Hats (2) and Gnome (1)

I am using White and Deep Grey Craft Smart Acrylic Paint in the Matte finish.
Make sure you paint each hat oppisite if you want the back too look finished.
I did two full coat and a few touch ups.

While my paint was drying in between coats I cut out my pieces for the hat.
I am also using 12 mm half wooden beads from Amazon.

For the back of the hats you just need to paint the outside if you want the side to look finished.

I added the cute cat face to my dry hat.

Began to glue down the hat with hot glue.

You will place the hat right below the nose.
If you want the back to look finished.

Add more glue to the back.
I also pooled up some glue in the center of the hat to give it that even dimension after pacing the back hat on.
I used close to 1 1/2 glue sticks total.

If any hot glue escapes do not fear.
Let dry and then with an exacto knife you can saw down then pull off.
Touch up paint if need too.

I found a non yellowing sealer.
Mod Podge Satin Clear Acrylic Sealer.
Take out side or in garage - its kinda stinky.
Let one side dry a little before doing the other side.

Here is the Finished Cat Gnome.

Close up

Back of Gnome.
I used a silver ribbon from a card kit by the Stamps of Life.

The Gnome in a plastic baggie for protection - storage.

The Box I made for the Gnome.
The box is Sized A1 I used a card die from the Stamps of Life.
CLICK HERE to see how I made the Box.

The card I made for my Mama.
It will go in the box as well.
It is sized A1
CLICK HERE to see how I made the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment