Monday, September 5, 2022

Pumpkin Gnome from Dollar Tree ghost and witch hat

 I recently found out threw Pinterest people were taking the Dollar Tree wood garland and making Gnomes On their website you could order bulk and get a Ghost, Witches Hat, Pumpkin, and Cat. I had a box sent to my Mama in South Dakota and she sent that to me with my Papa and Girls in their Suitcase to Alaska.

I went online again because I recently found out you needed two witches hats per Gnome to make the project look finished - back and front. But alas I could not find online again, So Mama to the rescue and she went hunting for more at the local stores and sent me more.

The did have these last year and glad they brought them back again.

Here I started just painting a bunch of ghost's.
Now I realize I just need to paint both side up to their nose.

I used a white gesso for the first two coats.
Then I used white acrylic paint one layer after.


Here is before I realized I should have front and backs to make it look finished.
I just choose some Halloween colors thinking of designs I would make on the hats.


I am using some Vinyl that I got from Amazon.
My Sizzix Side Kick.
A die that is used mainly for card making - from Lawn Fawn.
It has a pumpkin face.

The little pick tool -
It came in a three pack of tools I believe designed for crafting from the Target Dollar Spot last year.
I used it to remove the backing from the Vinyl - Very Easy.
I also used it to hold the piece for placement.
Leaving lightly until I was satisfied.

I smoothed and rubbed it down gently until good contact -
This was one of the tool in that kit.

Choose a nose per my daughers request.

Flat wood pieces from Amazon.

Basic glue gun and glue sticks.

I glued the hat to the ghost.
Right below the nose.
Then added glue to the ghost face.
Then added a blob of glue above the face -
This way the second hat would lie flat and even and have support.

See - kinda from the side.

If you get a little hot glue seep out this tool can help get it out after it dries.
Then use a exacto knife if any left and touch up with your paint.

I did some white touch up.
I wanted to add a brown stem.
I also needed to add more orange to the back of the gnome hat to make it look finished.

This is the back.
Not perfect but about two coats.

My take on the Stem of the Jack o Lantern.

This is anouther card maker die and some Black Vinyl.
I believe this one came from Simon Says Stamp.

Used Mod Podge Matte sealer.
Did research and asked face book about a good sealer that would not yellow over time.

Cut out a Leaf with a die from Lawn Fawn using the Stamps of Life felt.
Aleene's Tacky Glue to adhere.

Seam Binding from an Etsy purchase.

I choose a dark brown.
This shows the front and back of the gnome.


No comments:

Post a Comment